Thursday, March 29, 2012

Why Me? Why Now?

The Lord God Almighty, Creator of the universe, Saviour of mankind, Judge of the nations, Lion of Judah, Lamb of glory, reigning King, and righteous Servant saw fit twenty and some odd years ago to place a me into a loving, Christian home. I was born in the 80's, had my childhood in the 90's, was gloriously translated into the kingdom of righteousness in 1998, grew up in the first decade of the 2000's, and have come to a much fuller understanding of our Lord and His grace since the turn of the last decade.

I surrendered my life to Him when I was eleven years old. Since then, life has taken me through many, many, many ups and downs. In fact, there have been dozens of times in which I have wished I could just get off the roller coaster all together! But through it all, God has been faithful to me! He has never left me, nor forsaken me, and I daresay that I have learned the most from Him through the bad times rather than the good.


So why me? God has given me a desire to write. I enjoy it! I think more Christians need to be writing the biblical truth! And besides...I need to study more!!
Why now? God has shown me the imperative state in which we find American Christianity. Our nation is full of false teachers, watered-down theology, and we are plagued by post-modernism.

I am not sure that I can make a difference in this world...in fact, I know that I cannot. But I do know my God. And HE can do anything. Having a better understanding of Him, His nature, and how to live in the Gospel will only further equip me to glorify Him through my life. And that is really all I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment